Thursday, 3 June 2010

Blogger mobile version?

Isn't it about time there was a cut-down version of blogger for viewing on mobiles? Even the free version of Wordpress now displays a mobile-friendly version when visiting from a phone (although you may need to change a setting in your phones browser).

I am quite surprised, with a company like Google behind it, you still have to use a company like MoFuse to make a blogger blog mobile friendly. Especially as Google have done so much work on android and mobile applications lately.

Despite this there seems to be a few people viewing my blog from mobiles this month. This data came from Google Analytics and displays the browser and OS of visitors so far this month:

As well as the recent increase in mobile phone visitors I notice Google Chrome is really moving up in usage, at least by visitors to my blog. I have started using it at work and do find it at least appears quicker and I get things done faster.

No comments: