Friday, 6 November 2015

Surveys out the window

This post is not about waving a laptop out the window ;)

In our site we use AirMagnet Surveyor rather than Ekahau, I believe for convenience, as we have mostly Fluke kit for network troubleshooting (Aircheck, Etherscopes, Linkrunners and DTX testers).
We have updated our survey software from 8.6 to 8.7.4 and all our previous surveys no longer display correctly. The survey path and survey data no longer line up with the drawings. The drawings were almost all dwg files (with a few uploaded jpg files where dwg's were not available). The drawings were all measured and recalibrated before starting the survey. So that's 74 buildings that we are no longer able to use for reference :(
The response from the support team we contacted to look into it was "based on our analysis of your project, we believe the root cause is the AutoCAD DWG file process between v8.6 & v8.7". It doesn't look like the two are compatible.

It would have been nice to know this before we ran the update.

No comments: